Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day ... the day moms look foward to relaxing and "doing nothing" all day.  Huh?  I never get to "do nothing".

Today we got up and went to church.  Meighan's class sang at the beginning of the service.  For lunch we went to Valentino's buffet.  Moms were 1/2 price so with Dawson being free and Meighan being only 5 (they charge a certain amount per year of age), it was a fairly inexpensive meal.  It's after 9 pm as I am typing this and I'm STILL FULL!  I overdid it but I don't get that buffet very often.

Next we went to Tony's brother's house.  He had Tony's family over for a brunch at 11:00.  We had already decided to go to Val's so we just stopped over there for a bit.

We got home about 2:30 or so and Meighan and I got our gardening clothes on and I got out all the stuff for planting the flowers we got the other day in pots.  We did pretty good.  As we got done, Tony was getting ready to spray the yard for weeds.  We do have one of the nicest looking yards on our street because we get rid of the weeds (especially dandelions and henbit).

Then I was done and tired.  See, I never get to "do nothing".  I did get some pictures taken of our planting time and then with both kids later.

 
This is Meighan's own pot this year to plant and take care of.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: