Monday, April 25, 2011

USCIS Fingerprints

(The following post was written in a notebook but not actually posted on the blog until we received our referral because we didn’t tell our family that we were in process. We waited until we had the referral for our son before we published on the blog because we wanted to do this “covertly” and have it be a surprise to as many people as possible.)

We had our USCIS Fingerprinting appointments today. My appointment was for 11:00 am and Tony’s was for 12 noon. We got there early and were driving out of the parking lot at 11:09!

An interesting thing is that someone from Holt told me recently that the form we are to get after our fingerprinting is taking 8 weeks. One of the other couples from our parenting class was fingerprinted on April 11 and they got their form last Friday – LESS THAN 2 WEEKS LATER! Cool!

So, if the wait time is cut in fourths we could have our dossier to Holt within a month! VERY COOL! I’m being told not to get my hopes up, but… I think it’s TIME for things to start moving faster since we had about a 3-month delay last year (with the “water thing” and my needing to get a job).

Now…I am working on the photos and other papers we’ll need to send along with our dossier (things that don’t have to be notarized, etc.) so we’ll be READY!!!!

No comments: