Saturday, April 30, 2011

Again, WHAT?

(The following post was written in a notebook but not actually posted on the blog until we received our referral because we didn’t tell our family that we were in process. We waited until we had the referral for our son before we published on the blog because we wanted to do this “covertly” and have it be a surprise to as many people as possible.)

We received an envelope from the Department of Homeland Security today. Could it be our I-797 already? Nope! They need more “evidence.” They requested our marriage license (proof of marriage) and both birth certificates (proof of citizenship) within 45 DAYS! Ha! I got our extra copies (I KNEW there was a reason I ordered extras!), stuck them in an envelope with the letter (as requested) and we’ll drop it in a mailbox later today before the last pick up. They should receive it by Tuesday or Wednesday. Apparently we were supposed to include these when we sent our I-800A form. Oh, well.

No comments: