Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Interesting Day

(The following post was written in a notebook but not actually posted on the blog until we received our referral because we didn’t tell our family that we were in process. We waited until we had the referral for our son before we published on the blog because we wanted to do this “covertly” and have it be a surprise to as many people as possible.)

Today was an interesting day. I had made an appointment to do a piano tuning so Meighan and I went down to Murdock. She stayed with my parents while I tuned the piano. We ate lunch when I got back. Then while we were just hanging out, my cell phone rang. It was our agency with a question about my employment…or lack there of…and the fact that we were showing income for me this year. I explained that it was “unemployment.” Oh. So I guess that answered her question. I asked if they’d totten our criminal checks back yet and she said “yes”! Wow! She thought it was strange that we and two other couples had gotten back in 3 weeks but others were still waiting 8-10 weeks! I figure it’s a God-Thing and that there is a little boy in China just waiting foir us and God wants us there sooner than later! We’ll see if this shows us anything in the future!

So we headed home and made a stop to take advantage of some sale prices. When we got home, there was a message from someone regarding a resume I’d submitted. It didn’t recognize the name of the company. I called them back to call me back and they eventually called back. It ended up being a job bank you have to pay to get access to. I may sign up later but right now I don’t have that extra money.

No comments: