Thursday, August 26, 2010

Medical Exams

(The following post was written in a notebook but not actually posted on the blog until we received our referral because we didn’t tell our family that we were in process. We waited until we had the referral for our son before we published on the blog because we wanted to do this “covertly” and have it be a surprise to as many people as possible.)

August 23 was our medical exams with tests that have to be run, including a TB test. For a TB test you have to go back 2-3 days later to have it “read.” So I went back this morning and, of course, it was negative. I was hoping to pick up the one form so I could get it to Holt but it had been misplaced. Wow! I had everything in an envelope. How could that happen?

OK, so another small glitch. I thought I had the form on my flash drive but not THAT form. Only the form for the dossier that needs to be notarized. So I got the email address of the nurse so I could email her the form and have her print it out and have my doctor fill it out and sign it. Tony was going in the afternoon to have his TB test read so I asked him to pick it up if it was ready. Then if his was also ready, I can take both forms to Holt tomorrow. Geesh! HIPPA also plays a role in this and I won’t go into that!

Coordinating getting the Notary there to watch the doctors sign the other forms will be the next challenge!

No comments: