Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A VERY Productive Day

(The following post was written in a notebook but not actually posted on the blog until we received our referral because we didn’t tell our family that we were in process. We waited until we had the referral for our son before we published on the blog because we wanted to do this “covertly” and have it be a surprise to as many people as possible.)

Today was a very productive day – for once!

Yesterday, I was able to get 3 pianos to tune and make a little money. This morning, Meighan and I went and ran some errands. I had forgotten my grocery list and when I went back up to get it, the phone rang. It was HR at Creighton! I had applied maybe 3 weeks ago for a transcriptionist position with them. It was OK with the HR person that I called back when I got home.

So, our first stop today was the Douglas County Records Department to get background checks done for our dossier. It’s not a big deal or even very expensive—it just has to be done. I filled out the forms, paid the money, waited a few minutes for the papers and was on my way! The second stop was the CPA to pick up Tony’s employment letter. That was THREE dossier forms taken care of today! Next stop was the bank to cash the checks from the piano tunings. We then went to Office Depot to make 5 copies of all of the dossier documents collected so far. We are supposed to make 3 copies but I’m making 5 – because I did 5 last time.

Our last stop was the grocery store to pick up fresh stuff for the chili I’m making Friday for our soup potluck get-together. We got home by 1:00 and had a little lunch. I called Creighton HR back, she asked me a few questions about my previous jobs and said she’d get back to me either way in the next couple of weeks. Hmmmm.

I organized the copies of the dossier documents and recorded today’s expenses on the spreadsheet I’m keeping of our adoption expenses.

No comments: